- Depicts the powerful midday sun. The lights are glaring and the shadows are deep.
- This is one in a series of tree paintings. You can see the others to day in this training report.
- I used a pointillism approach to paint broken color. This involved placing small dabs of distinct color until the subject emerged.
- The physical texture adds an interesting dimension to the painting, as the individual strokes have physical shadows, highlights, and contours.
- What I could improve: The dappled light looks a bit off. But not enough to change it now.